Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Visitors in the Village

This was the scene outside the girls' bathroom in Hands Village last night. Eight Canadians and two Englishmen, an Englishwoman and a small American/Canadian gathered around with cameras, flashlights and the heavy artillery: a Tupperware container and a wooden spatula.
The reason? This little gaffer (not so little...)
A big BIG hairy baboon spider. He surprised all of us who have been here over the past month and a half in blissfull denial of his very existence. Now we know. And knowledge is power, right? Ahem.

2 comments:

Carolyn Ward said...

When I was in Kenya, I freaked when I found a gecko sharing my shower. This guy is in a whole different league!

Jason, Shelly, Aidan and Easton said...

I am okay with frogs, lizards and geckos. This guy is not okay in my books. Worse thing is, he showed up again last night just down from our room. I have a boot with his name on it next time. No more relocation.