Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Cactus Huggers


I saw this clip this morning and it was a great way to start the day. In light of all the things that are wrong about Hollywood, fame and the ability of media to grab onto a sound bite and beat it to death, comes to light a video that sheds the shallowness, epitomizes friendship and shows that even those (or maybe especially those...) in the limelight need someone to walk through the valleys with them.

I haven't been much of a cactus hugger in my life. Often I avoid those prickly little areas in my life that are dark and try to leave them to die alone. Unfortunately, as cacti do, even untended and in harsh conditions, they tend to thrive and grow all on their own. So, here's to hugging the cactus. Friendship. Forgiveness. Grace. Enjoy. Embrace. Emulate.




Robert Downey Jr. and Mel Gibson



No comments: