Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Looking Forward, Looking Back

I'm in the midst of a Saskatoon spring storm. It's snowing and I'm getting a team of 10 organized for a  trip to Zambia this coming July. It's hard to get my head around it in times like these. The dirt paths we'll walk, the warm nights under mosquito netting, the squatting in dark homes with the smoke of cooking fires stinging our eyes. And then, I remember this video. And I have watched it several times today. None without tears, I might add. I can't wait to get back to our family and friends in this community. I know that prayers and thoughts and translated messages have sustained that friendship over the past years but there is nothing, absolutely nothing, more hopeful than being in the presence of those that live out love every single day to those that need it most. Somewhere in this video, I have expect to see an image of the trajectory of my life changing, because this? This is exactly where and when.
I can't even imagine my life without that change.

Zambia 2009

No comments: